Team Waste’s goal is to help make recycling more readily available in all areas of life. Recycling will not be something you just do at home or at work. We want to work to encourage all customers to incorporate it into their solid waste plan to provide consistency in recycling so people can recycle everywhere they go.
We also want to help educate the public on what can and cannot be recycled to help prevent contamination.
YOU CAN RECYCLE: Plastics (includes bottles, jars and jugs), Newspaper, Paper/Paper Products, Cardboard, Cartons, Mail, File Folders, Aluminum & Metal Cans and Foil.
YOU CANNOT RECYCLE: Plastic grocery/shopping bags, shredded paper, smashed cans, scrap metal, hazardous waste, diapers/bio-waste, Styrofoam/non-recyclable plastic, glass, frozen food containers.
- Make sure bottles, containers, cans are empty – no liquid or food residue.
- Do not put recyclables in a plastic bag/garbage bag and then place them in recycling bin/container. They will get clogged in the assembly line at the MRF.
- Aerosol cans are not recyclable.
- In some places, glass is not recyclable.
- The plastic wrap around a case of water bottles is not recyclable. The cardboard at the bottom is. Please do not throw the entire thing in a recycling bin.
- Books with binding on the spine are not recyclable. Magazines, brochures and like items are recyclable.
We work with our customers on providing recycling at events and public places that may not factor recycling in when thinking about disposal of trash.